Loudoun Free Clinic Seeks Marketing & Communications Summer Intern
Marketing and Communications Intern
Loudoun Free Clinic
The Loudoun Free Clinic is located in Leesburg, Virginia at the Cornwall Medical Campus. We serve adult residents of Loudoun County, providing free medical services to people who cannot afford health insurance and do not qualify for Medicaid. We are a nonprofit organization, operated by small staff and a dedicated group of volunteers who provide preventative care and help patients manage acute and chronic medical conditions. We are committed to making sure that no one in our community goes without medical care. We are a small team with a warm and collegial work environment.
The Marketing and Communications Intern will support the Development Officer and leadership team with marketing, communications, public relations, special events, and branding-related projects. This position will provide creative and logistical support for activities such as donor communications, social media, newsletters, email engagement, virtual and in-person events, and online and print publications.
The Ideal Candidate for this internship is pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Nonprofit Management, or a related field - or has recently completed such a degree or related coursework. They are creative, enthusiastic, and focused on high-impact work. Other desirable qualifications include:
· An understanding of or instinct for compelling messaging and branding
· Training and experience in graphic design and/or other visual arts
· Experience building awareness of issues or organizations
· Personable, helpful, and committed to making a positive difference in the world
· Detail-oriented, organized, and dedicated to producing high quality products and outcomes
· Interested in pursuing a career in mission-driven work and gaining hands-on experience in multiple aspects of nonprofit operations
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Assist in planning and writing donor communications
· Create visual content and provide graphic design support for communications such as donor emails, newsletters, event invitations, social media posts, and the 2020 Annual Report.
· Provide input on communications strategies and calendar
· Brainstorm with staff on new ideas, strategies, and tools for marketing and communications
· Support the logistics of marketing projects and donor events as needed
· This position reports to the Development Officer.
Salary, Hours, + Work Environment
This is an unpaid/volunteer internship. We ask for a 5-10 hour per week commitment, for 6-8 weeks during Summer 2021. Location is onsite at our clinic in downtown Leesburg, VA. Occasional remote work is possible.
How to Apply
Submit your resume, cover letter, and 2 references to Erin Gulick at firstname.lastname@example.org. The selected candidate will need to undergo volunteer clearance and background checks.
Apply by June 18.